http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/breakfastpastry3.jpg 720 480 Administrator http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RFLogoUpdate-300x67.png Administrator2014-09-08 14:34:262017-10-19 17:11:46Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast BraidPrint
Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Braid
Try this egg'licious crispy, crusty bread full of salty bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, grated cheddar cheese and some sauteed peppers.
Write a review
- For the Dough
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- For the Filling
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and broken into bits
- 1 egg for brushing
- sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large bowl combine the yeast, 2 cups of bread flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together and then add the oil and water. Use a spatula to stir until a shaggy dough has formed.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a stiff dough has formed. Add the addition 1/2 cup flour if dough is sticky.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean dish cloth. Place somewhere warm and let proof for 30 minutes or until puffy and doubled in size.
- To assemble
- When the dough as proofed, turn it out onto a well floured surface, form dough into an oval shape and roll out. Place the rolled out dough onto a piece of parchment paper before assembling.
- Spread the scrambled eggs into a strip in the middle of the dough followed by the bacon, peppers and grated cheese.
- Using a pizza cutter or pastry roller- cut inch-thick strips onto either side of the filling.
- To "braid" the bread- overlap one strip over the other- stretching each piece to seal the the beneath it.
- Once the loaf is braided- brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Transfer the parchment onto a cookie sheet or pizza stone, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and crisp. Cut into slices and serve warm.
- Saute the peppers for a few minutes in some olive oil-they would be good either way. Mushrooms would also be delicious!
Rosemary Farm http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/