Red, White, and Blue Deviled Eggs
Write a review
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup non fat plain yogurt (or desired amount)
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- food coloring
- Cut eggs in half and take out yolks and place them in a medium bowl.
- Use a pastry cutter or fork to break up yolk until it’s super fine.
- Add yogurt, mayo, mustard, and s&p and whip up with spatula until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture into piping bag filled with a 2D tip.
- Mix 1 cup hot water and 1 teaspoon Americolor food coloring and 1 teaspoon vinegar. The vinegar helps with the color staying bright.
- Place egg whites into the colored water and let sit until desired color is achieved about 1-2 minutes.
- Take out egg whites and place on paper towel to allow excess color to drip off.
- Then arrange eggs on platter.
- Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
Rosemary Farm http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/