http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/cauliflower-pancakes-kathleen-korb.jpg 266 268 Administrator http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RFLogoUpdate-300x67.png Administrator2015-02-02 21:52:282017-10-19 17:08:40Savory vegetable pancakes with poached eggsPrint
Savory vegetable pancakes with poached eggs
Cauliflower. This winter white beauty is the triple threat of the season: versatile, delicious and nutritious. Once overshadowed by its’ cruciferous cousin, broccoli, cauliflower can now claim center stage. A mix of both vegetables make these pancakes virtuous, and an egg on top adds a touch of decadence.
Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs poached
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Reserve a small amount of parsley and green onion for garnish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, green onions, parsley, cheese egg and milk and combine well.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough olive or canola oil to coat. When skillet is hot, scoop ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake. Flip when the first side is golden brown. Total cooking time will be 4 minutes or less. Keep pancakes warm in oven until ready to serve.
- Bring a large sauté pan filled with water to a boil. Gently place eggs into the water and roll them around for just 1 minute. (This firms up the white a bit.) Quickly remove from water, and then crack the eggs 1 at a time into the simmering water and poach until white is cooked, about 2 minutes for a runny yolk. Transfer the eggs to a plate with bit of water on it to keep them from sticking while the other eggs are poaching.
- Assemble the plates, with two pancakes on the bottom and a poached egg on top. Finish with reserved green onions and parsley.
Rosemary Farm http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/