http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Spicy_Shakshuka-930x550-1-930x550-1.jpg 550 930 Administrator http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/RFLogoUpdate-300x67.png Administrator2018-01-22 19:50:182018-01-22 19:51:11Spicy ShakshukaPrint
Write a review
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. each chili powder, ground cumin and paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. each pepper and cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 5 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 8 EGGS
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- PREHAT oven to 400°F. HEAT oil in ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. COOK onion, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne for about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- STIR in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute. STIR in tomatoes; bring to simmer. REDUCE heat to medium-low. COOK, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- MAKE 8 divots in the sauce with spoon; crack egg into each divot. TRANSFER to oven. COOK for 5 to 8 minutes or until eggs are soft-cooked or until desired doneness. GARNISH with feta cheese and cilantro
- Serve with toasted pita bread or rustic Italian loaf.
- Substitute 1/4 tsp. hot pepper flakes for cayenne pepper if desired.
Rosemary Farm http://www.rosemaryfarm.com/