Bird Watcher’s Hidden Egg Ravioli
Been on the lookout for your family’s next favorite dinner recipe? Well put down your binoculars because the hunt is over! Bird Watcher’s Hidden Egg Ravioli is so delicious that it’ll practically soar its way to your dinner table. First spotted in a towering oak tree, this recipe swoops onto plates with egg yolks hidden inside lasagna noodles, topped with Pecorino and ricotta cheese. Just don’t forget to save this newfound dinner delight, because everyone in your nest is going to love it.
6 Large Eggs, yolks & whites separated
6 Sheets fresh lasagna noods
5 oz. Fat-Free ricotta cheese, drained
1/4 cup basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. Pecorino cheese, grated & divided
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Using a 4” biscuit cutter, CUT 12 pasta disks and KEEP moist under wet towel.
- MIX together ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons of basil, 1 tablespoon of Pecorino.
- PLACE 6 pasta disks on a board. FILL a tablespoon with ricotta mixture and PLACE in middle of disks, leaving room around the edges to seal the ravioli. MAKE a deep “nest” in the middle of the mixture to hold the egg yolk.
- GENTLY PLACE an egg yolk into each ricotta nest. BRUSH egg white around the edges of the bottom pasta disk and COVER with another pasta disk. USE a fork to CRIMP the edges of the disk, making sure it is sealed. Be careful not to break the egg yolk.
- FILL a low sauté pan with just enough water to cover the ravioli and bring to a simmer. GENTLY PLACE ravioli in the pan using a slotted spoon and COOK for about 1 minute. REMOVE carefully and SET on a plate.
- In a small sauce pan HEAT olive oil, tomatoes and remaining basil until just hot. DRIZZLE olive oil mixture over ravioli, SPRINKLE with remaining Pecorino and SERVE immediately.
Fresh, ready-to-use lasagna noodles work best in this recipe.