Deviled Egg Chicks
12 large hard-boiled EGGS, peeled
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
24 mini chocolate chips or cut up olives
1 baby carrot, cut into 12 small pieces
Yield: 12 servings
- SLICE a small portion off the bottom (wide portion) of the egg white so that it can stand upright. CUT approximately 1/4th off the top of the egg (enough to expose the yolk).
- REMOVE the egg yolks, being careful not to tear the egg whites.
- PLACE yolks in a medium bowl. STIR mayonnaise, mustard and salt into yolks until well blended.
- REFRIGERATE egg yolk mixture 2 hours or until well chilled.
- FILL each egg white with some of the egg yolk mixture, rounding off the top of the mixture for the “chick’s” head. For each “chick”, USE 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes and a piece of the carrot for a beak.
- REFRIGERATE until ready to serve.