When do eggs become egg’ceptional? When they’re marbled, of course! Follow these steps and tips to make marbled eggs.
WHAT YOU NEED
12 hard-boiled EGGS, in shell
Small plastic container/bowl
Nail polish, various pastel colors
Wire egg dipper or wire whisk
- FILL a small, plastic container with 1 cup of cold water.
- POUR about 10 to 20 drops of each shade of nail polish into water.
- SWIRL the colors with a toothpick.
- SUBMERGE egg in water and nail polish mixture with an egg dipper or put your egg inside a wire whisk. PUSH egg gently through the water with the egg dipper and REMOVE quickly afterward.
- LAY egg on a sheet of wax paper or similar surface to dry.
- REPEAT steps 1 through 6 for each egg’tastic color combination.
Food safety precaution: If you plan to eat your decorated eggs, make sure to use only food-safe decorating materials, such as edible nail polish. Kid Licks is one of several brands of edible nail polish.