Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
4 large EGGS, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cream cheese frosting
pecans halves or coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- BEAT pumpkin, granulated sugar, oil and eggs in mixer bowl on low speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating until batter is smooth. SPREAD in greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. COOL completely in pan on wire rack.
- For cream cheese frosting: BEAT 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 cup unsalted butter and 1 tsp. vanilla in mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually ADD 3 cups powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- FROST pumpkin bars; GARNISH with pecans. CUT into 40 squares, about 2 x 2 inches each.