Sheriff’s Blazing Poblano Burger
Howdy, partners! When this town ain’t big enough for both you and your family’s appetite, tell hunger to skedaddle with Sheriff’s Blazing Poblano Burger. It’s a quick and easy recipe no matter what side of the Mississippi you’re moseyin’ on. Just lasso yourself some lean ground beef and saddle up all your favorite burger fixins, like eggs, lettuce, tomato, crumbled blue cheese and poblano peppers. Once you top if off with a 10-gallon pretzel bun hat, ring the dinner bell and wrangle up all your buckaroos at the dinner wagon. With a supper this delicious, they’re sure to be hootin’ and hollerin’ til the cows come home.
4 large Eggs, fried
2 poblano peppers
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
4 pretzel buns
4 lettuce leaves
1 tomato, sliced
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- PLACE poblano peppers over a medium-high flame or a skillet on medium-high setting. TURNING on all sides with tongs to roast evenly. Skin should be blistered and lightly charred. Immediately PLACE roasted peppers in a plastic bag. SEAL bag and steam for 10 minutes.
- SPRAY a fry pan with cooking oil and HEAT to medium-high. BREAK eggs, one at a time, and COOK until desired doneness. COVER and keep on very low heat.
- REMOVE peppers from bag and RUB off charred skin with fingers or a paper towel. Skin will peel off easily. REMOVE poblano stems and seeds. SLICE open and SCRAPE veins and remaining seeds with a small knife. SLICE in large strips. KEEP warm.
- In the meantime, PLACE ground beef in a medium bowl. ADD onion, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. MIX with hands until all ingredients have combined. DIVIDE into 4 patties.
- GRILL or COOK patties in a cast iron skillet on stove top for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- PLACE cooked patties on bottoms of sliced pretzel buns. ADD lettuce, tomato, pepper strips, blue cheese and TOP with fried egg and pretzel bun top.