Steakhouse Breakfast Sandwich
Nothing beats a steakhouse breakfast sandwich… made even better with a fried egg on top!
This Recipe Makes 12 Servings.
INGREDIENTS – STEAK STRIPS:
Butter, for sautéing
2 lbs. beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
12 large eggs
2 half sheets of Asiago cheese focaccia, each cut into 12 squares
DIRECTIONS – STEAK STRIPS:
- For each serving: Heat butter in sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Sear 2 ½ ounces sirloin steak strips, season with salt and pepper and sauté until thoroughly cooked. Keep warm.
- For each sandwich, cook one large egg over medium heat in spray-coated nonstick pan until white is set and yolk begins to thicken, but is not hard.
- Flip over and cook briefly on other side for additional firmness.
INGREDIENTS – SAUTEED MUSHROOMS:
1 oz. butter
1 Tbsp. shallots
12 oz. assorted mushrooms (buttons, creminis, portobellos)
Salt and pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS – SAUTEED MUSHROOMS:
- Melt 1 ounce butter in large sauté pan.
- Add shallots and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms have softened. Keep warm.
INGREDIENTS – BLUE CHEESE SPREAD:
8 oz. (1 1/2 cups) blue cheese crumbled
6 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS – BLUE CHEESE SPREAD:
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Chill.