Bunnies’ Tres Leches Mini Cakes
Bunnies’ Tres Leches Mini Cakes is an easy, quick as a rabbit dessert, here just in time for upcoming Easter.
Looking for a dessert that's as fast as a bunny? Bunnies' Tres Leches Mini Cakes are here to save the day! Perfect for Easter, this sweet treat is quick and easy to whip up.
- 1 box white cake mix (16.25 oz)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large Rosemary Farm eggs
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned fat free evaporated milk
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. spray twelve 4 oz. ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. set aside.
- Combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs in a large bowl. whisk to combine ingredients. fold in strawberries and pour mixture into prepared ramekins. bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together condensed milk, evaporated milk and low fat milk in a medium bowl for the milk topping. poke holes in the cakes thoroughly using a fork. spoon 4 tablespoons of mixture over each cake. cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight to allow the liquid mixture to soak in.
- Place whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. whip until stiff peaks form. spread evenly over top of the cake. garnish each cake with 1 sliced strawberry.
For cakes served outside of a ramekin, such as a muffin tin or mini cake pan:
Unmold mini cakes on a small shallow serving bowl or dish with a rim.
Poke holes in the mini cakes thoroughly using a fork. Spoon 4 tablespoons mixture over each mini cake. Loosely cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight to allow the liquid mixture to soak in.
Garnish with whipped cream and sliced strawberries
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.