Christmas Eve Cookies
Adorable, Easy Christmas Eve Meringue cookies.
We all know Santa loves cookies. But you're sure to make the nice list when he bites into these adorable, easy Christmas Eve Meringue cookies.
- 3 large Rosemary Farm egg whites, room temperature
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, plus extra if needed
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla
- Red, orange and green food coloring
- Colored decorator sugars
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer and a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar at a high speed until foamy. Add the powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is glossy and has stiff peaks. Add the vanilla and divide mixture in half.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray them with baking spray.
- Divide the first amount of mixture – adding red food color to 2/3rd of the meringue and leaving 1/3rd of the meringue white. Put them in separate piping bags. On the first baking sheet, with a medium open tip, pipe a triangle shape for Santa’s hat. Using the remaining white meringue, pipe the trim on the hat and decorate with colored sugars.
- Divide the second amount of mixture – adding orange food color to 2/3rd of the meringue and adding green food color to 1/3rd of the meringue. Put them in separate piping bags. On the second baking sheet, with a medium open tip, pipe the orange meringue in the shape of a carrot about 2” long, starting at the base and pulling away from the paper for the tip (you should get roughly eighteen).
- With the green meringue and a leaf tip, make 2-3 carrot tops attached to the carrot. Bake both sheets on two racks at 225°F for 40-50 minutes. They should be mostly dry. Turn off the oven and let them cool inside the oven.
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.