Crabby Abby's Egg and Cheese Meltdown
Got a crabby Abby that needs food now? Try this fast and filling cheesy sandwich that can be cut into any shape they want. Great for lunches at home or on-the-go to the park.
A delicious cheesy egg sandwich that's sure to simmer any temper tantrum
- 2 large Rosemary Farm eggs
- Pinch of salt (more to taste)
- Pinch of pepper (more to taste)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 slices Pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices of tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup butter, softened at room temperature
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with butter. Set aside.
- In frying pan, melt a slice of butter over low heat. Fry eggs to desired doneness, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Heat separate large frying pan to medium-high heat. Add 2 slices of bread, buttered side down. Add slice of Pepper jack cheese, top with fried egg. Then add second slice of Pepper jack cheese on top of fried egg and add 2 slices of tomato. Top with second slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until pan side down bread is golden brown, about 5 minutes, then flip with spatula keeping the sandwich together. Once both sides are golden brown, approximately 5 more minutes, remove carefully from pan and SERVE.
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.