Sweet Potato & Egg Hash
Rise and shine with a spicy morning boost, thanks to our Sweet Potato and Egg Hash.
Need a meal that's as comforting as it is tasty, and versatile to boot? This Sweet Potato and Egg Hash will add a little spice to your morning or leave you feeling satisfied after dinner.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red or yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper. diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 large Rosemary Farm eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.
- Add sweet potato, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and coat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread potatoes and vegetables out evenly onto the baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally during cooking time, until sweet potatoes are fork-tender, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Move vegetables away from the sides, toward the center of the baking sheet (to create a mound for adding the eggs). Use the back of a spoon to create 4 wells in hash. Crack one egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until whites are set and yolk is jammy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drizzle vinegar over everything and garnish with chopped chives just before serving.
Be sure to keep potatoes to a ½-inch size so that they cook evenly and quickly.
Cracking the egg into a bowl first makes it easy to remove any rogue eggshell that may end up in the egg when it’s cracked.
The USDA recommends cooking eggs until the yolk and whites are firm.
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.