The Easter Bunny’s Eggs in a Basket
Hop into Easter with the Bunny's Eggs in a Basket!
Behold the egg-citing Easter Bunny's basket, crafted by the bunny himself. It's no ordinary basket, but an egg-straordinary creation, perfect for springtime festivities. Presenting The Egg-cellent Easter Bunny's Basket!
- 6 large Rosemary Farm eggs
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sourdough baguette, approximately 24'' long
- Preheat oven to 400°F. mix garlic, parsley, salt and pepper with olive oil. saute in a small saucepan on medium heat until garlic is just browned. remove from heat and set aside.
- Place baguette on a sheet of foil and roll up the sides to hold the bread in place. cut six holes in top of baguette with a serrated knife. space evenly apart with enough depth and width to hold one egg, being careful to not cut through the bottom of the bread. press down on the bread in the hole to make room for the egg and olive oil mixture. spoon olive oil mixture into each hole. crack one egg into each hole.
- Cover baguette gently with one large piece of foil, creating a “tent” for the first 5 minutes. open the tent and cook until egg white is set, but yolk is soft and runny, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently remove foil. cool slightly and sprinkle with salt and pepper. slice baguette in spaces between the eggs. serve immediately.
For softer bread, use a par-baked baguette placed on foil. Wrap loosely without covering eggs and cook approximately 14-16 minutes or until egg white is set but yolk is runny.
Add crumbled bacon to the olive oil mixture before it is spooned into the bread holes.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the eggs after you remove the bread from the oven.
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.