Latke Toppings Board
Latke Lovers Unite: It's Toppings Time!
Get ready to create a latke toppings board that will make your taste buds dance with joy!
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed/peeled/grated
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 2 large Rosemary Farm eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Use a clean kitchen towel to squeeze out excess moisture from potatoes (this will help keep latkes from becoming soggy). In a large mixing bowl, mix together potatoes, onion, eggs and salt. Stir in flour. Mix well.
- Heat 1/2 of oil over medium heat until 360-375°F (we suggest testing with one latke to make sure your oil is hot enough) . Carefully drop 1/4 cup amounts of batter onto hot skillet leaving space for flipping. Use a spatula to shape into round latkes about ¼ inch thick. Cook latkes for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Gently flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer cooked latkes onto a paper towel lined plate while cooking remaining latkes. Add more oil as needed. Serve hot with your desired toppings surrounding the latkes for people to help themselves.
Optional Toppings –
Sour cream and chives
Whipped cream cheese + smoked salmon
Goat cheese with figs + honey
Honey cream cheese + pomegranate seeds
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.