Loaded Potato Scotch Egg
Pre-cooking eggs and potatoes ahead of time is a great way to save time.
Ready to Rule the Kitchen? Slash Your Meal Prep Time
with One Simple Trick!
Here's a hot tip: cook up a batch of eggs and potatoes beforehand to knock minutes off your meal prep routine. Get ready to be crowned as the kitchen champion!
- 9 large Rosemary Farm hard-boiled eggs
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 10 slices bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. creme fraiche
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Heat fryer to 350° F. mix together mashed potato, bacon, cheese, onions, salt and pepper until combined.
- Scoop potato mixture into the palm of your hand, cupping to create a bowl shape. place a hard-boiled egg in the center and gently wrap and seal tightly. Set aside to chill.
- Put flour, whisked eggs and panko in three separate containers. toss each coated egg in flour, then egg wash, then bread crumbs.
- Fry eggs, two at a time until golden, approximately 2 minutes each.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, creme fraiche and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. dollop onto a plate and place fried eggs on top.
View Our Blog
Check out our blog to learn more about our process, our partners, and the great eggs we produce.